Our Mission and Values!
Indian Foundation mission is to promote an efficient and effective culture that
provides greater opportunities to the poor in India to survive and to live their
Indian Foundation is working in every field to overcome poverty, epidemics , unemployment,
illiteracy and starvation. Indian Foundation is providing and utilizing all its
resources to fulfil the basic needs of the people, in particular the poor and needy
Indian Foundation taking responsibility for the situation of the deprived Indian
child, women and so motivate them to seek resolution through individual and collective
action thereby enabling children to realise their full potential.
A happy, healthy and creative child whose rights are protected and honoured in a
society that is built on respect for dignity, justice and equity for all.
A strong "giving" culture where Indians donate 2% of their income every year to
give the poor a chance. A vibrant "philanthropy marketplace" to ensure that the
most efficient and effective nonprofits get access to the most resources.
Our Beliefs and Approaches -
- Sacrifice - We believe that every individual must 'give till it hurts', demonstrating
the willingness to share one's fortunes with those less privileged.
- Deserve our needs - We believe that we need to earn our keep, rather than
assume it is as a right. We need to give first and then ask in return.
- Adding value - We believe that we add value only when we do something that
no one else is currently doing, or when we do it in a better way.
- Passion - Indian Foundation believes that working with a 'burning desire'
to make a difference, is the greatest motivator to do something meaningful.
- First Principles Approach - Indian Foundation believes that we must do things
because they make sense to do, and not simply because that is how everyone else
does it. Blind faith is the enemy of all innovation.
- Focus on the poorest - All that Indian Foundation does is directed towards
improving the lives of our 'real customer'- the poorest of the poor.
- Transparency and accountability - As 'trustees' of tax payer resources, we
believe in being proactively accountable and transparent in all that we do and to
all our stakeholders.